By: Rocky Simmons: Owner/Vice President of Vision Homes
You may have heard horror stories about friends and family members building a new home instead of buying an old one. However, here at Vision Homes, we love what we do, and we want you to love where you live. We look forward to coming to work every day, because it’s so rewarding to see the look of delight on a customer’s face when they see their new home for the first time. Afterall, we’ve built more than 400 homes in the Morgantown Area in the past 20 years!
Our team is made up of hard-working professionals who listen to your needs and wants and work hard to exceed your expectations. We have decades of hands-on experience in all aspects of home-building, and we’re dedicated to helping you create a home that you will love for years to come.
Sure, buying an older home may be less time consuming, but are you really going to end up with your dream home? Probably not.
Building your home, on the other hand, gives you an unlimited amount of possibilities to make sure you get the house of your dreams that you’ll want to show off to friends and loved ones every chance you get.
Our team at Vision consists of specialists in every phase of construction, including:
- An in-house drafting department to help with adjustments and modifications to plans
- A full-time pricing department so that there are no financial surprises
- Dependable crews that allow for timely, quality construction
- A full-time warranty manager so you receive the personal attention you deserve
Here are some key reasons why building a new home should be your decision:
1. Energy efficiency: Older homes are seldom as energy efficient as new homes. Homes built only 10 years ago may use twice the energy of today’s homes. Your new home will have greatly improved heating and cooling systems, energy-saving windows and super insulation. Also, many mortgage companies nationwide take energy use into account when qualifying buyers and will make a large loan on an energy-efficient home because average monthly utility bills on that home will be lower and that frees up more of the budget for mortgage payments.
2. Updated appliances: Appliances are new, energy-efficient and easy to use. New dishwashers are quieter and use less water, ranges are designed for quick cleaning and refrigerators are larger and come with more convenient options. Even a home inspection is no guarantee that older home appliances will last long after closing. Especially for cash-strapped first-time buyers, the sudden need for a new furnace or dishwasher can lead to other expensive repairs, such as replacement of wiring or plumbing.
3. Building techniques: Builders today benefit from advances in building techniques. This means dry basements, expansive rooms, and a quieter, more comfortable atmosphere.
4. A room with a view: New homes are light and bright. Not only do they have more energy efficient windows, but they also have more of them. New homes are often “see-through” homes. From the front door, the viewer looks through the home to a panorama of windows that frame views of the back garden.
5. A house for today: New homes mirror today’s lifestyles. Families live differently than they did just 10 to 15 years ago. Cooking is a group experience and no one wants to be too far from the television. New homes blend the kitchen, eating area and family room into one informal space. New homes also have more and larger bathrooms and closets.
6. Low maintenance costs: New homes come with everything new, which means you aren’t going to have to fork out additional money to fix up appliances, hardwoods, carpet or siding.
7. Home site selection: Prospective buyers can choose a piece of land they love and build a house to suit their needs. Speaking of home site selection, the final phrase of Braden’s Place is now open! Only seven sites remain.
- Beautiful 1 acre home sites on Goshen Road in Morgantown, W.Va.
- Country Setting
- Protected community with paved streets and street lights
- Underground utilities
- Minutes from I-68 and I-79
- Close to hospitals, shopping, schools & recreational activities
To learn more about Braden Place and to see pictures, click here!
8. Updated wiring: In many areas, new homes of all price ranges include whole-house wiring for cable, telephone, and music systems. Computer stations and home theaters are also becoming part of standard packages. In electricity and wiring, more is better. New homes have 200 amp electrical service; some older homes still have inadequate 60 amp service.
9. Safety features: Built to the latest fire, health and safety codes, new homes are safer and less expensive to operate and maintain. Codes require lifesaving detectors to signal presence of smoke or carbon monoxide. New homes are free of lead in paint or pipes and free of asbestos.
10. Options: Vision Homes features are the best products the home building industry has to offer. We use nothing but the finest, nationally-known building materials from trusted manufacturers such as Andersen, Alcoa and Trane. Unlike most builders, these name brand products are not upgrades; they are the standard quality materials that we build into each and every one of our designs. We give you the most house for your money without sacrificing quality. To see features Vision Homes offers, click here.
Whatever you are looking for, Vision Homes can fit your family’s wants, needs, lifestyle and budget! You can now download our no-cost home builder’s guide to answer any more questions you may have.
Thanks for reading!